Wednesday, December 22, 2010

And it all begins...






Welcome to the first post of Grymm Teaze and its creators!


We began our quest for Internet domination roughly one month ago when we opened our hand-painted clothing shop online. What better platform for our crafty clothing than the globally supreme site, Etsy.


So who are we? Let me introduce:





Kaitlyn - That's me! I'm the painter/shipper/salesperson. Always seeming to have my hand dabbling in something, I'm constantly starting new projects and trying new things. I've had many great opportunities, such as working at: numerous horse stables (horses are a love of mine), an amazing large-breed dog rescue and currently as a dispatcher for the local police station and fire department. I love riding, running and writing - that is, if I'm not reading.



Jayna - My beautiful older sister, who is the artist/business partner/techie behind our young shop. She's the typical older sibling that is always looked up to and her modesty is never-ending. Currently on maternity hiatus from her Registered Nursing job, she still finds time to rock climb, do yoga, swim, hike and meditate while balancing her bright-eyed baby. Now you know why I idolize her!



Rogue - Our shop's muse and mascot, my little niece. She might not know what she's started but it's only a matter of time before she's drawing like her mom and blogging herself. At five and a half months she already loves helping Jayna text.


Like I said, Rogue was the muse behind it all. When Jayna became pregnant with her, I couldn't help "window shopping" online for things to buy her. Hasty, I realize. Then I began to think about crafting things and I came across a great site for hand-painting baby clothes. I thought, I could do that! In the past I had found the finished product didn't always come out as I had hoped with my art projects (doesn't everyone find that?) but for once, it worked! Soon I was making t-shirts for friends and selfishly supplying my own closet.


Now we come to the "where do we go from here?"


Forward!


This is just the beginning and we plan on building momentum by creating more unique items and adding to our crafting library. We can't stop talking about new crafts and designs. And now we can't wait to get blogging.


Thanks for stopping by and we hope to see you tomorrow, and the day after, and hey why not, the day after that. Check out our links too, we've got some great side projects and support some worthy causes!


No comments:

Post a Comment